Happy Birthday America!
If you listened to this week's Amuse Bouche, you heard Bridget talk about some of her family 4th of July traditions. If you haven't listened, you're missing out, these short Friday episodes are a great way to get just a little bit more Bridget in your life! On this week's Dinner Plus Drinks, we talk 4th of July plus lots more.
Here are links to some of the things we talked about:
- Hooray, the NCAA is finally letting athletes make money from their own likeness. Both Bridget and Nick support this step. You can read more about it (if you're so inclined) on this NPR story.
- Good work to this Canadian high school teacher who built a portable stage and wheeled it around the entire town so each graduating senior could walk the stage after COVID cancelled their traditional graduation ceremony.
- Bridget is taking some beach friendly drink (and wallet / phone / sunglasses) holders to the cottage with her this weekend. Check them out!
- Nick really strongly believes that the rice cooker is well worth keeping a single use kitchen appliance in your house. Get an inexpensive, basic one like this one from Amazon and you'll have perfectly cooked rice every time.
- Bridget is super intrigued by this Green Garlic Rubbed Roast Chicken recipe (see if you can find some!)
- Nick is all over this Southwest Pork Tenderloin Bowl recipe.
Thanks for tuning in this week, we hope you have an awesome Holiday! Please be sure to follow us, subscribe, or whatever is the easiest way for you to keep up to date with the show. Here are all the links:
Cheers everybody, have a great week; we'll talk to you next week!
~ Bridget and Nick
*If you make a purchase using our links, we may make a small affiliate commission. Thank you for your support!