We're bringing you this episode early so you know to come and visit us at our donut *and* bacon themed pop up shop in downtown Lake Geneva on Sunday, February 14th. Wherever you are, you need to come get the donuts - they're DELICIOUS!
Okay, shameless promotional plugs aside, it's been quite the week. We've had a Super Bowl, Valentine's Day is here, Mardi Gras is almost here, and it's snowing like crazy. We're here with a fun episode full of great times and random news. Here's what we talked about:
- Amanda Gorman was awesome with her Super Bowl poetry, but Nick wasn't so sure about the National Anthem performance. What did you think - yay or nay? Send us a line to let us know your thoughts.
- We are THRILLED Bubly has come out with Bubly Bounce - caffeinated sparkling water in fun flavors. Check out this Adweek article about the launch that includes a fun launch ad featuring none other than Michael Bublé.
- Bridget made some bomb Sirloin steak sandwiches in her slow cooker, but if you want to cook like Nick, try these Slow Cooker Cochinita Pibil Tacos. They were so good.
- Bridget couldn't stop laughing about this story how the University of Toronto Anthropology Department keeps getting confused for an Anthropologie store, and who can blame her?
- Nick delighted in this utterly Wisconsin story about Department of Natural Resources officials misappropriating caviar.
- If you love coffee as much as Bridget, you may want to check out this handheld frother to take your coffee to the next level without breaking the bank.
- Nick recommends this Jaccard Tenderizer to tenderize steaks, meat cutlets and all other types of things. It's easy to use and a game changer when it comes to turning less tender cuts of meat into tender delicious things.
- Make yourself a light and delicious meal that's right up Bridget's alley with this Ginger Pork Lettuce Cup recipe.
- Or get into the Mardi Gras spirt and enjoy a LGCM Mardi Gras Jambalaya like Nick will be!
Thanks for listening to this week's episode, we hope you enjoyed and are also looking forward to all of the fun this week promises!
If you can please subscribe, rate us, review us, and share with your friends, we'd really appreciate it. Remember, you can follow us and get in touch with us through the following channels:
Have a great week everybody - we'll talk next week!
~ Bridget and Nick
*If you make a purchase using our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.